Mediterranean Chicken Recipe

Chicken Recipe E.Blogspot.com; Mediterranean Chicken Recipe

I made this Mediterranean Chicken for dinner Saturday night and contemplate it's a true keeper. It was posthaste, easy and scrumptious and was perfect served with a simple green salad.

I found it as I was flipping throughSouthern Living: Our Readers Top-Rated Recipes;(a cookbook I hadn't opened in a couple of years, which is a shame since everything I've tried from it has been trustworthy)  looking for ideas for something that would be snappy, easy and tasty and feel like I hit the jackpot!

It called for ingredients that I tend to have on hand - boneless skinless chicken breasts, olive oil, canned diced tomatoes, kalamata olives, dried spices, feta cheese and pasta - nothing too modern.

I made a few modifications to the recipe to accommodate our tastes. The recipe suggests that you add the feta at the slay, veil and let it stand for a few minutes, which would be palatable if you like feta cheese. But since my husband isn't a fan, I left it out and establish it on the table as an optional topping. I also archaic an extra can of diced tomatoes since I like my pasta dishes on the saucy side, especially when I know there will be leftovers requiring reheating. (It keeps them from drying out.)  I replaced the dried parsley with 1 tablespoon of original and venerable 2 teaspoons of dried Italian herb mix instead of the dried basil and oregano. I also ragged Ronzoni Healthy Harvest penne, since it was what was what was in the pantry.

If you are like me, always on the lookout for mercurial easy chicken recipes, this one ranked two thumbs up at our house.

Mediterranean Chicken Recipe

Serves 4

1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breast, crop into 1 accelerate cubes

4 garlic cloves, minced

2 tablespoons olive oil

2 (14.5 ounce)  cans diced tomatoes, undrained

1/2 cup kalamata olives, pitted and chopped

1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes (or 1 tablespoon novel)

1 teaspoon dried basil

1 teaspoon dried oregano

salt and pepper to taste

2/3 cup feta cheese

8 ounces penne pasta (white or whole wheat)

Bring a sizable pot of water to boil for cooking the pasta.

Meanwhile heat the oil in a gigantic skillet over medium-high heat. Add the chicken and garlic and cook, stirring occasionally until chicken is done, about 8 minutes. prefer the chicken from the skillet. Add the tomatoes, olives and herbs to the skillet. cut heat and simmer, stirring often, for about 8 to 10 minutes.

While the sauce simmers and once the pasta water comes to a boil, slowly add a spacious handful of salt to the boiling water and then cook the pasta according to the package instructions. When it is done, drain.

Once the sauce has simmered for about 8 to 10 minutes and thickened up, return the chicken to the skillet, stirring to combine. Sprinkle with the feta cheese and choose from the heat. screen and let stand 5 minutes. relieve immediately over the pasta (or swagger the pasta into the chicken mixture and then succor) .

Post a Comment